- Unlike any other activity you will probably ever participate in, what we as ‘surfers’ are performing on (the ocean) is constantly changing; from hour to hour, day to day.
- If you want to become good at basketball, or even sewing, you can sit there and practice and practice and become better; what you’re performing on never changes.
- With surfing, we rely on the ocean cooperating equally as much as ourselves to achieve success!
- This makes surfing incredibly fun and addicting, but also at times for beginners frustrating! That’s why I’ve put this info here for you!
- The surf conditions make all the difference in the world to your experience. Beginners need calm conditions, advanced students need some ‘real’ waves to improve their skills!
- *HINT: For beginner surf lessons, the ideal day is about 1.5 ft with light winds. The images above are a good example of a nice calm Wrightsville Beach Beginner Surf Lessons day. The images below are an example of good day for Advanced Surf Lessons with waves around 2.5-5ft with light winds.
- *Need help figuring all of this out? Is the Surf Forecast below still not making any sense? Need suggestions on where to surf in Wrightsville Beach, NC? contact me
*Below is a basic set of surf forecast tools to determine how the waves will be today and/or in the near future. (Wave/Swell Height, Swell Direction and Period, Wind Direction and Speed). The weather for Wrightsville Beach, NC is posted at the bottom as well.